Friday, February 21, 2014

"No Concealed Carry" Signs to be Posted

The Board of Trustees has voted to post “No Concealed Carry” signs at the major entrances to our church. This e-mail from Ryan Latvaitis expresses our rationale beautifully, and Ryan has allowed us to share it with you:

“I write as a new member of this church, and as someone comfortable with firearms and concealed carry. My father taught me to shoot, and I've hunted with my father and grandfather. My stepfather, a police officer, has carried a revolver with him nearly everywhere for as long as I can recall. Guns are a part of my family's culture, and they should be banned from the premises of this church. While I count myself among those who wish to be prepared to defend themselves, this place is sacred, and should be free of tools whose sole purpose is to harm. To those who may wish to carry firearms within the walls of the church, please consider how doing so might irreparably change the character of our community. It could only do so for the worse.”

No comments:

Post a Comment