Monday, February 24, 2014

STEWARDSHIP MATTERS

Church Testimonials, Part Three:

The Stewardship Committee interviews Lara Breeze-Troyer about all things UUCUC.
When did you join the church?
Our family first attended the church a little over three years ago, and we signed the membership book about a year after that.
What attracted you to the church and Unitarian Universalism?
We came to the church seeking a community to support us as we raised our children in a different way than our own past religious upbringing. On the first Sunday I attended, I cried when I heard the announcer read the words, “Whoever you are, where ever you have been, and however you have come to this place, you are welcome here.” I instantly felt normal, relieved and welcome.
As a steward of the church, you have been involved in many activities – what are some of these activities?
I have taught a kindergarten through second grade religious education class for two years and have served on the Religious Education Committee for a year and a half.
What has drawn you to give of your time and energies to these activities?
I initially became involved in Religious Education because I was curious about what my children were learning downstairs. I continued to teach and be involved in RE because it is inspiring to listen and learn from the children as they explore and make sense of the world.
Why do you support the church?
I support the church because I value the sense of belonging and community I have found here. I give my support because I believe that the people here – the adults and the children – are already doing and will continue to do so many things to make the world a kinder and more tolerant place to live.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In closing, here are some additional thoughts from Carolyn McMahon regarding why she attends UUCUC:
“To worship and interact with others in a stimulating but safe environment.”

No comments:

Post a Comment